Intro to Co-operatives as Business Enterprises
Wednesday September 27, 2023 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Did You Know?
- Co-operatives are democratically-owned enterprises controlled by members
- The rewards points system from retailers is based on the Co-operative model of providing benefits to members
- Co-operatives are more likely to succeed than sole proprietorships over the long term
- Credit Unions are financial co-operatives
General Outline of the Workshop:
Whether you are starting a new business or considering buying a business, this model could be the perfect solution for you! Learn about:
- How a co-operative is defined
- Why people chose the co-operative model
- Examples of co-operatives
Benefits of the Workshop:
- Discover the possibilities of sharing ideas, capital, talent and other resources.
- Learn about Co-operatives' potential for innovation, succession planning and local economic development.
- Gain a better understanding of the Co-operative business model and how it benefits businesses, employees and customers.
Bio: Daphane Nelson’s small-town roots brought her to Kamloops to pursue a business degree at TRU. Since graduation she has held a range of positions in the financial sector, managed a law firm, has contracted and volunteered with several CFDC offices, and is in her third term as a director with a local credit union. During the onboarding process with that organization, she became enamored with the cooperative model and pursued designations with both Coop Zone and GPC determined to bring the co-operative model to the BC Interior.
'Taking Care of Your Bottom Line' Guarantee
We are confident that our training sessions will provide valuable information for you and your business. If you have attended the live, online training session and are unsatisfied with the content of the workshop, you can request a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cancellation policy for this training session:
- Full refund 14 days or more before the scheduled training session
- 50% refund for cancellations 2-13 days before the scheduled training session
- No refund within one day of the scheduled training session.
- A 50% refund may be issued for cancellations within one day of the scheduled training session ID due to an unexpected illness.
However, the training session will be considered attended if the recording and/or documents are downloaded, a refund will not be issued.
If you would like to cancel your ticket, please visit: My Sign Ups to withdraw from the training session.