$5k Training Reimbursement
Is there a training course or program you would like to take? You may be eligible for up to 80% reimbursement, up to a maximum of $5,000. Reimbursement is retroactive to July 1st, 2022.
Visit your Account Dashboard (or sign up right now!), and fill out the Business Specific Training application. Once approved, upload receipts for reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Am I eligible?
This funding is available by application.
Log in to your dashboard (or sign up now!) and to out the DREAI Eligibility Form.
Eligible applicants will be notified by email.
2. What qualifies as Business Specific Training?
Business Specific Training must contribute directly to the sustainability and/or profitability of your business. Training must take place in BC and/or online except under special circumstances where training is not otherwise available. If you're unsure, contact your Program Ambassador.
Examples of Eligible Training
- Health and beauty certification courses such as nails, lashes, naturopathy, physiotherapy, personal training, tattooing, counselling.
- Food and agriculture courses such as floristry, culinary arts, horticulture, calving, farrier skills.
- Arts and media courses such as photography, writing, marketing, film, photoshop, leatherwork.
- Business and finance courses such as HR, payroll, accounting, bookkeeping, leadership.
- Training relating to expansion, scaling, succession.
- Industry-specific and niche courses and programs may be eligible.
- Training for enterprising not-for-profit employees may be eligible, if the training supports improved social enterprise profitability.
- Regular seasonal employees on temporary layoff are eligible for training.
- Travel to and from training may be eligible.
- 50% of conferences or trade shows fees may be eligible. Consideration is given when the majority of the agenda is directly related to professional/skills development that will benefit the business.
- Training for casual employees is not eligible.
- Personal development and/or training for personal interest is not eligible.
- Training needed to maintain current skills/certification is not eligible.
3. Can I be reimbursed for training I've already completed?
Yes! Reimbursement is retroactive to July 1st 2022.
4. How should I prepare by application?
- Who will be taking the training? - the participant(s) name must be listed under Owners/Employees to proceed.
- Course/Training Session - including name, training provider, training provider website address, training location, outline of the program, description of how the training will help your business, is a certificate of completion provided.
- Training Dates - start and end dates of training (Training must take place on or after July 1st, 2022 and be complete by July 31st, 2024)
- Training Costs - include student fees, examination fees, textbooks and other materials.
- Other Sources of Funding - include details of other forms of funding you have applied for, if applicable.
- Mileage Budget - the distance from your place of business to the training, number of one way trips.
- Travel Budget - including traveling to the training location, meals, accommodations, air fare, etc.
We have included step-by step-instructions for the application.