Building Your Human Relations Manual - Shifting Human Resources to Human Relations
Nov 7, 14 & 21, 12pm-2pm
Did You Know?
- The purpose behind the HR manual is to ensure that your organization's employee-related practices are fair and consistent across the organization.
- A well-written HR manual will offer detailed guidance for managers based on compliance requirements.
- It's important to be clear in expectations and rights of your staff as well as your responsibility to apply current legislation and guidelines in your workplace.
General Outline of the Workshop:
November 7 Part 1: The Reason and Purpose of a Human Relations Policy Manual.
• Vision, Values and missions must be defined and the guidelines of how they are applied illustrated.
• Whether it is at work or at play, we all have to understand what are our guidelines and our expectations of each other are, and what to do if those guidelines or expectations are not being met.
• A Human Relations manual is a prime example of creating those guidelines and defining the expectations in a workplace or a volunteer organization.
November 14 Part 2: Section by Section.
• Do not panic; It may seem overwhelming however some sections are merely a paragraph or two.
• We will review each section in more detail.
• Oh yeah, there are a lot of them.
November 21 Part 3: How to roll it out.
This is where you create your plan to update and rollout revised Human Relations Policies.
There are some other factors to take into account when rolling out any new policies:
• How will this policy revision impact those that are working and familiar with the previous policies?
• Does this new policy remove or hinder any workplace benefits or advantages for those previously employed staff members?
• How much training is required to ensure that all staff members have an opportunity to familiarize and understand the revised policies?
• What is the effective date that you would like to have in place for the new revised policies to take effect?
• How will you train, familiarize, and roll out the new policies?
Benefits of the Workshop:
You will create a more engaged and focused workplace culture through:
• Clarity of roles and responsibilities.
• Defined guidelines and expectations.
• Understanding of rules and rights of employees.
• Better understanding of benefits and perks of the job.
Singleton Consulting Corporation
Bio: John Singleton is an expert in personal development, leadership, and training. John has been involved with all aspects of exploring and using people development and leadership training for more than 40 years. With 30 years of senior administration and general management experience with Woolco, Wal-Mart and other businesses, he has always found workable solutions to business challenges.
In addition to his management experience, John is the past Executive Director of the Penticton Chamber of Commerce where he was awarded the British Columbia Chamber Executive of the Year Award for his industry support and team efforts on a provincial scale. John is an Organizational Management Specialist receiving his training from the Canadian Institute for Organizational Management.
Johns’ focus and experience have been as a strategic planning facilitator, business trainer, and executive coach. It is this type of leadership and sharing that has had a solid impact on those who interact with him and John’s counsel is requested on a consistent basis where he encourages and assists people to find “their best from within” for both business and personal excellence.
As a member of the Continuing Education faculty of Okanagan College, John teaches professional development courses that include leadership, management, conflict, and customer service skills. John combines a unique talent in the classroom with the wisdom he has gained from first-hand experiences.
As a facilitator, John’s passion to help others “get it” is complemented by mixing just the right amounts of humour, fun, and education. His drive to make work enjoyable is contagious, entertaining, and highly effective!
John is a graduate of Royal Roads University and has certification in Executive Coaching. Coaching is allowing others to discover what they have inside, believe in themselves, and then act upon what they know
As a coach; “I am committed to working with people to find their path and acting as a support for that journey. I am the pencil in their hands that drafts the plans and offers suggestions and guidance where requested. My role is to facilitate growth, dreaming, seeing and learning”.
To grow and learn together, and individually, in a balanced atmosphere of respect, loyalty, cohesiveness and fun
'Taking Care of Your Bottom Line' Guarantee
We are confident that our training sessions will provide valuable information for you and your business. If you have attended the live, online training session and are unsatisfied with the content of the workshop, you can request a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cancellation policy for this training session:
- Full refund 14 days or more before the scheduled training session
- 50% refund for cancellations 2-13 days before the scheduled training session
- No refund within one day of the scheduled training session.
- A 50% refund may be issued for cancellations within one day of the scheduled training session ID due to an unexpected illness.
However, the training session will be considered attended if the recording and/or documents are downloaded, a refund will not be issued.
If you would like to cancel your ticket, please visit: My Sign Ups to withdraw from the training session.