Granted! The art and science of successful grant writing
Nov 9, 16 & 23, 9:30am-12:30pm
Did You Know?
- BC businesses can receive 60% to 100% of employee training costs through government grants.
- Approximately 42% of business owners know about government grants but don't know where to find them or how to apply.
- 32% of business owners are not aware of available grants - Granted! will help you find the right grant & how to apply.
General Outline of the Workshop:
Learn which grants are for you - presented through information & discussion on types of grants, availability & researching the right grant for your organization
Between workshops, participants will be asked to find a potential grant that suits them and begin a draft proposal for discussion & feedback in the following sessions.
Participants with come away with a real and practical start to a grant proposal.
Benefits of the Workshop:
- What grants are right for your business or organization.
- Where to find those grants (handouts provided).
- How to develop a formal grant proposal including crafting a compelling story.
- Managing & reporting to the Grantor, building a donor relationship.
Bio: M-J Cousins holds a Business Administration degree in Marketing & Human Resource
Management, Certificates in Social Media Marketing and Grant Writing. She has many years of
experience in Economic Development, which she prefers to call Community Capacity building.
Her work has included a member survey for a Downtown Business Development organization,
fundraising for a regional hospital foundation, leading development of a regional new economic
opportunities report, a study of the impact of recent wildfires on small business in the South
Cariboo as well as recruiting Family Practice Physicians with the Central Interior Rural and
South Vancouver Island Divisions of Family Practice.
M-J has always been a volunteer wherever she lived, helping raise funds with a Pediatric
Oncology department, Kidsport or a jazz festival. She was President of the BC Economic
Development Assoc; of the Canadian Mental Health Association South Cariboo branch;
awarded a Paul Harris Fellowship for her role as President of the South Cariboo Rotary Club.
Currently, M-J is Chair of Gateways Services for Families with Special Needs supporting
neurodiverse youth. Always happy to be outdoors, she enjoys running, hiking, paddling and
x-country skiing and most of all, spending time with her family.
'Taking Care of Your Bottom Line' Guarantee
We are confident that our training sessions will provide valuable information for you and your business. If you have attended the live, online training session and are unsatisfied with the content of the workshop, you can request a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cancellation policy for this training session:
- Full refund 14 days or more before the scheduled training session
- 50% refund for cancellations 2-13 days before the scheduled training session
- No refund within one day of the scheduled training session.
- A 50% refund may be issued for cancellations within one day of the scheduled training session ID due to an unexpected illness.
However, the training session will be considered attended if the recording and/or documents are downloaded, a refund will not be issued.
If you would like to cancel your ticket, please visit: My Sign Ups to withdraw from the training session.