Recruitment, Hiring and Retention Best Practices
Tuesday November 28, 2023 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Did You Know?
Assign hiring the priority it deserves and you can boost the productivity and the performance of your entire team. Do it wrong and you risk losing the high performance employees that will take you and your team to the next levels—or even worse:
• Dissatisfied or lost customers
• High turnover and associated expenses
• Incomplete or inaccurate work
• Increased operating costs
• Legal exposure
• Losses of growth and business opportunities
• Low morale and higher frustration
• Poor productivity, poor quality
• Sabotage: intentional or unintentional
• Good people leaving and going to a competitor
• Added stress for the existing workforce and management
• Substandard organizational and personal performance
• Wasted training time
• Wasted corporate resources
General Outline of the Workshop:
Once people are hired, keeping those new employees engaged is your daily challenge.
This will be supported by:
• Your On-Boarding or Orientation process
• Daily check-ins
• The support you offer to help them be successful
• Building a two-way communication practice with your employees
• Exploring some areas you impact to protect the investments you make
• Maintaining the relationships you create
• Reviewing practices for recruiting including postings, methods and expectations
• Screening and reviewing applications and interviewing techniques
• Engaging and on-boarding to protect your investment
Benefits of the Workshop:
In this two hour session, we will review some of the basics and explore ideas on how to enhance your recruitment and hiring process to get you the best fit to your organization.
Singleton Consulting Corporation
Bio: John Singleton is an expert in personal development, leadership, and training. John has been involved with all aspects of exploring and using people development and leadership training for more than 40 years. With 30 years of senior administration and general management experience with Woolco, Wal-Mart and other businesses, he has always found workable solutions to business challenges.
In addition to his management experience, John is the past Executive Director of the Penticton Chamber of Commerce where he was awarded the British Columbia Chamber Executive of the Year Award for his industry support and team efforts on a provincial scale. John is an Organizational Management Specialist receiving his training from the Canadian Institute for Organizational Management.
Johns’ focus and experience have been as a strategic planning facilitator, business trainer, and executive coach. It is this type of leadership and sharing that has had a solid impact on those who interact with him and John’s counsel is requested on a consistent basis where he encourages and assists people to find “their best from within” for both business and personal excellence.
As a member of the Continuing Education faculty of Okanagan College, John teaches professional development courses that include leadership, management, conflict, and customer service skills. John combines a unique talent in the classroom with the wisdom he has gained from first-hand experiences.
As a facilitator, John’s passion to help others “get it” is complemented by mixing just the right amounts of humour, fun, and education. His drive to make work enjoyable is contagious, entertaining, and highly effective!
John is a graduate of Royal Roads University and has certification in Executive Coaching. Coaching is allowing others to discover what they have inside, believe in themselves, and then act upon what they know
As a coach; “I am committed to working with people to find their path and acting as a support for that journey. I am the pencil in their hands that drafts the plans and offers suggestions and guidance where requested. My role is to facilitate growth, dreaming, seeing and learning”.
To grow and learn together, and individually, in a balanced atmosphere of respect, loyalty, cohesiveness and fun
'Taking Care of Your Bottom Line' Guarantee
We are confident that our training sessions will provide valuable information for you and your business. If you have attended the live, online training session and are unsatisfied with the content of the workshop, you can request a full refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cancellation policy for this training session:
- Full refund 14 days or more before the scheduled training session
- 50% refund for cancellations 2-13 days before the scheduled training session
- No refund within one day of the scheduled training session.
- A 50% refund may be issued for cancellations within one day of the scheduled training session ID due to an unexpected illness.
However, the training session will be considered attended if the recording and/or documents are downloaded, a refund will not be issued.
If you would like to cancel your ticket, please visit: My Sign Ups to withdraw from the training session.